The biggest disservice I see women on the planet guilty of is subordinating themselves to other people and not being who they really are, true to themselves. Instead, they show up as “The Strong Woman” who is capable of carrying huge burdens, suffering silently and strongly for others, giving so much of herself that she eventually loses herself in the process.
This is a disservice to your partner, kids, community, and the world. I have people ask me why this is so toxic…
Here’s a glimpse into it.
HOW THIS SHOWS UP:
- Saying yes when they aren’t sure but would prefer to say no.
- Doing what other people expect of them before their own desires.
- People pleasing
- Trying to fit in
- Trying to fix other people
- Rescuing people
- Deciding what you are going to do or feel based on what someone else says, does, or feels
- Saying words that put yourself down
- Constantly saying “I’m sorry”
- Not acknowledging your own needs and dreams
- Living by shoulds
- Settling for less than what you want or deserve
- Believing you deserve less
- Comparing yourself to others
- Worrying about what others think and say
- Taking things personally
WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES:
- Dissatisfaction with your life
- Relationship issues
- Disconnection with yourself
- Low vitality
- Dis-ease that can manifest in your body
- Money issues
- Let yourself off the hook for being all you can be
- Your kids learn what you do
- Depression, sadness for your life but you focus this on others
- Complaining and blaming
- Not fun to be around
- Seeking instant gratification – shopping, wine, ice cream, chips, cookies, tv binging, what’s your numbing pleasure?
- Spinning out in emotional stuff – exhaustion, overwhelm, hiding
The world need YOU, not the facade of the Strong Woman. That is not who you really are. You are more than that.
The journey of becoming is a life long journey.
Calling ALL STRONG WOMEN. Join us in Reignite Your Life to continue your journey from a new and inspired place.1